Texas Farm Credit awards five, one-time scholarships in the amount of $2,000 each. All scholarships are awarded without regard to race, color, religion or sex.
Selection of Scholarship Recipients: Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of the following:
- Academic achievement and honors
- Demonstration of leadership
- Participation in school and community activities
- Nomination letter
- Statement of goals and aspirations
Application Process: In order to be eligible, student applicants must:
- Reside inside of Texas Farm Credit’s territory (100 counties – see map in attached document)
- Be nominated by a school guidance counselor, teacher, or administrator
- Be accepted to a junior college, university or college
- Declare an agricultural related field of study
- Furnish an official high school grade transcript
Deadline for submission is April 1, 2014. Should you have any questions about the scholarship, please contact Wendy Swift with Texas Farm Credit at 903-617-5353 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .